Mumbai +91-9920620009 | Bengaluru +91-9619581413 | Pune +91-8180099423 | Delhi-NCR +91-9920627471|info@ContractorBhai.com
  • Home Renovation - Civil Work - Mumbai Pune

Things to know about False Ceiling

This article is available in Hindi, Marathi & Gujarati languages.

First of all Home Owners should understand benefits of False Ceiling. One of the important benefit which is not well know is good optimise use of Air Conditioning. False ceiling reduces space in ceiling it helps by increasing Air Conditioning performance. Of course I am talking about rooms with too much height. Lets say your office is 10 x 10 sq feet big room, if your false ceiling is 1 feet below actual ceiling, will cut down ( 10 x 10 x 1 ) cubic space. That’s definitely saves your energy bill. Inside residence, living room gives good feeling if it has more height, however in bedroom you may think of reducing height a bit. In Kitchen usually people avoid false ceiling, if you have to have it then make sure Chimney / ventilation is in place.

Second benefit is that it provides insulation layer. If your home roof is exposed to direct sunlight or indirect heat. False ceiling will put in one separation layer to keep heat away to some extent. Keeps your room cooler.

Very basic and economic cost of False Ceiling comes out to Rs. 150 – Rs 200 per sq. ft (square feet) . If you add some creative designs and material quality cost goes up. Designs that gel well with rest of the room.

Also checkout interview of False ceiling contractor to know more practical tips.

Plaster of Paris ( POP ) is being used since long long time. Since last few years, Gypsum boards are used a lot. Previously simple wood was used, now good quality Ply is commonly used.

Other big advantage is instead of putting 1 or more Tube Lights inside your room, you get to use high quality LED lights. LED lights consume less energy and most of them work well for years and years. This way you get indirect light. You can have LED inside your false ceiling in different corners of your home and use light as mush as you need it.

This article is available in Hindi, Marathi & Gujarati languages.

Hi! This is Nitin, founder of ContractorBhai.com. We are bunch of Home Interior Design Enthusiast. Write to info@ContractorBhai.com. Mumbai +91-9920620009 | Bengaluru +91-9619581413 | Pune +91-8180099423 | Delhi-NCR +91-9920627471

1. Jayakumar 12 February 2013 at 2:27 pm - Reply

Kindly send some quote for False ceiling

2. Sreejith Ambat 13 February 2013 at 6:08 am - Reply

Useful insight

3. sanghamitra 6 July 2013 at 8:35 pm - Reply

kindly send me the quotation

4. Mr.Kathawala 25 September 2013 at 9:50 am - Reply

Kindly send me the quatations for POP Ceiling Flat design of the living Hall 27’x12′ size with 10′ of height of my residensial appartment

Awaiting your responce

Kathawala

5. s.sasikala 17 October 2013 at 5:37 pm - Reply

kindly send quotation for pop false ceiling with minimum decoration with photos

6. Hemant 17 February 2014 at 7:54 pm - Reply

Please send me a genuine quotation for fall ceiling per room as i recently build a house and i m looking for a fall ceiling contractor…

7. Ajay 2 April 2014 at 1:59 pm - Reply

Hi team,

Have a bedroom of 25′ X 11′ – height 10′. Can you provide some pics on gypsum based false ceiling?

Also, looking for quotations, say for one feet of ceiling across all 4 walls of the room?

8. Mohd 8 April 2014 at 10:46 pm - Reply

Kindly provide the estimation of False ceiling for an area of 800sqft…for my flat…whose ceiling height is 9’1/2″..

9. T.A.V 20 May 2014 at 9:06 am - Reply

Thanks for the article, it was really helpful.
    I’m gonna get False Ceiling done in my Studio.

10. ABRAR AHMED 3 July 2014 at 8:53 pm - Reply

PLS SEND ME FALSE CEILING COST PER SQ FT MY INDIVIDUAL HOUSE G+1 2400 SQ FT

11. kalpesh 9 July 2014 at 3:22 pm - Reply

Send me the Quote for Celing design
    Hal – 10′ X 17″
    Bedroom – 9.6′ X 12.1″

12. Subha 17 July 2014 at 2:09 pm - Reply

Please send me the falls ceiling quote for hall(15X14), bedroom (13X12)

13. Anu 4 August 2014 at 4:45 pm - Reply

hii i want to do immediately for my dad’s room . it is 10*10 room on that kitchen and bedroom setup needed kindly contact me soon.

14. sabiya 10 August 2014 at 12:04 pm - Reply

Hii… we bought a flat of 3 bhk – 1335 sq.ft carpet area around 900… from newry celestial – Chennai

Let me know the pricing of false ceiling with some designs.

15. sabiya 10 August 2014 at 12:06 pm - Reply

pls check the layout from newry celestial…

16. virendra raval 17 August 2014 at 1:50 pm - Reply

i have shop of 19 L and 9 W how much it will cost me for pop.

• contractorbhai 18 August 2014 at 2:21 pm - Reply

Virendra sir, we would like to know few more details like design choice, purpose of false ceiling etc.

Can you please give a quick call when you get chance. +91-9920620009

17. Monika 21 September 2014 at 7:01 pm - Reply

I am Monika.I would like to know the price for fall celing of living area and diemsions of my living area is 12’x 16″. So please send me some quotations.I dont want high range design.It should me simple.
    Do you have branches in Bangalore

Thanks&Regards
    Monika K

18. P Dasgupta 28 September 2014 at 10:17 am - Reply

I am from Bangalore. I would like to know the price for false ceiling (material + fixing charges included) for my living area (12′ * 16′) and master bedroom (14′ * 12′). Can you please send me rates as well as contact numbers of good contractors in Bangalore? Please treat this as urgent as I need to move in to my apartment by December this year.

Thanks,
    P Dasgupta

19. Ravi 28 September 2014 at 7:29 pm - Reply

I am from Bangalore. I would like to know the price for false ceiling (material + fixing charges included) both pop and gypsum board for my living area (11′ * 17.8′) and home theatre room (16′ * 11′). Can you please send me rates as well as contact numbers of good contractors in Bangalore?

20. SANKAR ROY 3 October 2014 at 3:53 pm - Reply

I am from Kolkata. I would like to know the price for false ceiling (material + fixing charges included) for my living area (12′ * 10′) and bedroom (12′ * 10′). Can you please send me rates as well as contact numbers of good contractors in Kolkata?

• contractorbhai 3 October 2014 at 6:36 pm - Reply

Sir, I emailed you Kolkatta contractor’s number. Please talk to my contractor. He will have few questions for you before he can tell approximate cost for false ceiling. If any concerns, do give me call. Thanks

• sourojit 16 March 2015 at 8:59 am - Reply

can you please share me the price for sq ft for false ceiling. also pl send me the contact number of the contractor.

• Gourav 26 April 2015 at 10:06 pm - Reply

Can you pls forward the contact number of contractor of kolkata. I too required person who will installed false ceiling.

21. Amit 18 October 2014 at 4:00 pm - Reply

Can you send me the quotation for my living (14×27) and 1 Bed room(10*13) + 1 Bed Room( 11*13). In Bangalore.

22. Pallavi 20 October 2014 at 11:27 pm - Reply

Hi Nitin,
    I am from Pune. We have bought a 3bhk apartment and wanted to get false ceiling done in my drawing room. Pls send me the quotation for (16.0′ x 10.6′) size drawing/living room… Height of the room is around 9-9.5 feet..

23. Mayur 25 October 2014 at 9:45 pm - Reply

Hi nitin,
    Myself mayur. I reside in mumbai n I want quote for ceiling of 10×14. It should be in modern ways including led lights.
    Thankyou.
    Regards
    Mayur

24. Anil kumar 10 November 2014 at 9:56 am - Reply

Hello,

I am looking for a Gypsum false ceiling with little design and provision for decorative lights and sound systems for a new ice cream parlour.

Size is 27*17. Kindly give me a quote on the above said total area.

25. Bhawna Negi 17 November 2014 at 2:53 pm - Reply

Hi, please send me quotation for false ceiling 11 x 10.50 for my drying room.

26. Pawan 3 December 2014 at 8:13 pm - Reply

Hi….
    I would like to know the most prefferable ceiling for training centre and the basic points to be considered while designing it..

• contractorbhai 4 December 2014 at 9:29 am - Reply

Mr Pawan
      You should check in local area about Acoustical Ceiling Tiles. visit indiamart.com find nearest suppliers/manufacturer, call them & check if they can recommend some fabricator/contractor.

Which city do you live in ? Do let me know how it goes.

27. vikash jain 8 December 2014 at 11:57 am - Reply

Hi Nitin
    Could u plz suggest as to what type of false ceiling is better…closed or tray type

• contractorbhai 8 December 2014 at 2:13 pm - Reply

Hello Mr Vikas
      Very difficult to make generic statement. Its more of a design concept that gels your room situation. Both are good. Personally prefer closed. if tray then depth could be less. My personal viewpoint is to have something simple, straight lines & less of maintenance. But someone else might like too much of curves & very prominent/visible design

28. Niranjan 28 December 2014 at 5:17 pm - Reply

Please share the rate for false ceiling in Kolkata. I have 3BHK residential flat of approximate 1100 sqft carpet area including kitchen. Please suggest best options can be opted.

Regards
    Niranjan

• contractorbhai 28 December 2014 at 10:55 pm - Reply

Niranjanji, I have sent email to your email address with cell number of Kolkatta contractor. Please feel free to call him & find out latest details. good luck

29. rajesh 3 January 2015 at 5:29 pm - Reply

Need approximate cost details for gyproc board pop for my flat in pune.
    Living room = 16*11
    Dinning room = 9*9
    Bedroom. = 13*10
    Can u send approximate cost and good contractor details?

• contractorbhai 4 January 2015 at 3:12 pm - Reply

Hello Mr Rajesh
      for false ceiling rate per sq. ft, is multiplied by total area. Hence for your living room cost will be 16×11 x rate

Please check below link to find out details on rates

for contractor, I need to know which city you are based. Please give me call on 09920620009.

30. rajesh 4 January 2015 at 3:38 pm - Reply

I m from pune. You mentioned per sqft cost is area* rate. But there is difference in border patti and design rate. How the calculation are done?

31. KARTHICK 9 January 2015 at 4:11 pm - Reply

I am looking quote for a POP ceiling with moderate design. My ceiling already have provision of led lights.

Size is 15’3″ x 18’3″ two floors . Kindly give me a quote on the above said total area.

Regards,
    Karthick

32. Ravi 18 January 2015 at 4:20 pm - Reply

Hi ,
    I want to know total cost for false ceiling using gyproc material , including electric work and painting charges for ceiling in living room of measurement 280 sqft.
    I m planning for square design with centre curve shape design.
    The quotation i got from vendor has 35000 for ceiling, 8000 for electric work , 10000 for painting .the above rates are given only for false ceiling.
    So as per your rate chart in bangalore the total cost get decrease , so kindly help me out by giving exacexact figure including A to z .

Regards
    Ravi

33. anil kumar 14 February 2015 at 7:21 pm - Reply

please send a quote for false ceiling of:

10*16 hall
    10*10 dining hall

34. deepak 15 February 2015 at 10:10 am - Reply

10 X 7 dining & 16 x 10 living space Please provide quote for false ceiling. Location is Chandivali Andheri east

35. gangadhar 16 February 2015 at 11:37 am - Reply

Need approximate quotaion or any good contractor for ceiling to my bed room & living room in bangalore.

36. Rohit 25 February 2015 at 9:53 am - Reply

Hello Sir, I was looking for approximate cost per square feet for false ceiling. I have already given contract but want to cross check the cost. Cost should also include indirect lights.

• contractorbhai 25 February 2015 at 12:07 pm - Reply

cost of flase ceiling includes provisions for indirect lights, it doesnt include actual light or wires. I have no idea how much rate you have been charged. But through out country gypsum ceilings are charged anywhere from Rs 80 to Rs 100 per sq. ft. This rate doesnt include any lights for sure

37. goush khan 2 March 2015 at 5:00 pm - Reply

how much cost for 550 sft false ceiling wirh gypsum

38. Sudeshna 31 March 2015 at 12:27 pm - Reply

The dimensions of the room where I intend to have a false ceiling are as follows:
    Living – 195×127 (in inches) = 16ft 3 inches x 10ft 7 inches
    Dining – 153×87 (in inches) = 12ft 9 inches x 7ft 3 inches

Can you give me the quotes for a gypsum board false ceiling (for basic design) including electrical and painting work?

NOTE: This is a bit urgent. So if u can reply fast it will be very helpful.Thanks in advance.

39. Ramesh 4 April 2015 at 4:04 pm - Reply

Hello sir,
    Can you please give the contact details of good false ceiling specialists in bangalore who are reasonable in pricing and maintain quality
    Regards

40. anil 29 April 2015 at 12:34 pm - Reply

Need approximate cost details for gyproc board pop for my flat in hyderabad.
    Living room = 13*13
    Bedroom. = 10*10
    Can u send approximate cost and good contractor details?

41. Shivani 12 May 2015 at 5:06 pm - Reply

I need suggestion. Please help. I am getting a false ceiling made and the original ceiling is low on the 1st floor flats. The mason is asking to break the pop patti on the border to make the ceiling high. Is it correct? He will not make any further repairs to the ceiling after breaking the sides as he says that it will get covered once he puts the false ceiling. Is this the right way of making the false ceiling?

42. Nithin 25 May 2015 at 6:45 pm - Reply

Please send me the quotation with some designs

43. Ashwin 1 June 2015 at 5:50 pm - Reply

you websites doesnt show hyderabad prices, can you share me price list and contact number for Hyderabad location

-Ashwin

44. Prasanth Kumandan 27 September 2015 at 7:03 pm - Reply

.Pl. send sample pvc ceiling designs with price pr sq. ft..MOSTURGENT. iTS FOR OUR GROUP HOUSES.

45. Faheem 29 September 2015 at 8:45 pm - Reply

I am looking for Gypsum Board False Ceiling Rates in bangalore, please reply with quotes ( the rates mention on your site is 90psft,does it include the electric/light stuff/other material if any as well.

• contractorbhai 30 September 2015 at 11:12 am - Reply

includes labour & material only for false ceiling work. does not include lights or piant or any other electrical work

46. Hi 1 October 2015 at 11:27 am - Reply

Do you provide service in chandigarh?

47. Sachin 26 October 2015 at 1:21 pm - Reply

Hi Nitin,
    I want to do false ceiling in a bedroom of 132 sq ft area. The design is simple square box in middle (with provision of indirect lighting) and Two stripes covering width of room where the false ceiling is 6 inch down. The vendor gave me total of ~400 sq.ft. i.e. 400*80 Rs.
    Please help me to get it corrected

48. Biswarup Paul 18 December 2015 at 10:02 pm - Reply

hello

I want false ceiling of total 280 sq ft approx areea, with most simple design in hooghly dist but adjacent to kolkata well comunicated near Dankuni. would you kindly tell me the approx cost all included

49. s.Chatterjee 9 February 2016 at 3:17 pm - Reply

I am planning to renovate my living room size-17*15 with 12 feet of height. What should be the led lights specification i.e power(watt), distance between the lights. Pls provide me the details at the earliest

50. shahnawaaz 20 April 2016 at 10:15 am - Reply

hi nitin,

I have purchased a 3 bedroom flat approx. 1963 sq.ft (super built up area) at Bhubaneswar,odisha. area of drawing & dining is 12’x39′.kitchen area is 11’x9′.each room of size 13’x12’approx.I am planning to do the false ceiling with calcium silicate instead of gypsum board.could you please suggest simple & elegant look false ceiling design with a approx. cost.

• contractorbhai 20 April 2016 at 5:36 pm - Reply

Any particular reason for using calcium silicate ceiling ??? In past we had seen a cal. silicate ceiling company which provided design & colours inbuilt ( ready to use). Please visit st gobain online gallery to see good latest designs.

51. Savio 2 August 2016 at 2:08 am - Reply

Hi Nitin,

We have recently purchased a 3bhk 1360 sft (super built-up area) apartment in Hyderabad. I am looking at false ceiling designs with various options along with detailed cost estimate from basic which would be very economical and cost effective to standard and premium designs along with BoQ. Could you please let me know and share the same. Also would like to cover the electrical aspects with an electrical layout and lighting.

52. siva 28 September 2016 at 12:09 pm - Reply

can you please share me the price for sq ft for false ceiling. for my full house

53. Devraj Hegde 9 October 2016 at 5:11 pm - Reply

Do you have office in Bangalore ? If yes, please mail me details.

Thnx.

• contractorbhai 11 October 2016 at 12:35 pm - Reply

Devraj ji, pls call 9920620009 for details. We are providing 3D Design service in Bangalore. Thanks

54. Ravindran 9962943410 26 November 2016 at 4:19 pm - Reply

Want to do false ceiling for 1000sqft area approx with moderate design .pl suggest to do with pop or gypsum board? Moreover ourflat height is only 9 feet kindly give me some idea about cost and the time required. The flat is in chennai.pl help me

55. Srinivas 28 December 2016 at 8:02 pm - Reply

Hi
    I am from Hyderabad, need estimate for false ceiling for an area of 750 sft (living & Dining, 3 bedrooms).