• Gypsum Board False Ceiling Mumbai Pune Bangalore Contractors

Details of Gypsum board used in Flase ceiling

Gypsum boards made by branded companies like Birla Super are easily available in market. Gypsum boards are made out of mixture of different content, measured very accurately. Hence chances of bad quality is low. In comparison to POP(Plaster of Paris) which is made & sold locally – can sometimes come in not a very correct mixture proportion.

Cost of False Ceiling differs between POP & Gypsum board. Gypsum boards are costlier than POP but good in quality.

In gypusm board some of the common big size are of 4×2 & 6×2 feet, thickness is 15 mm. Whereas POP is Hand-made. Usually not made more than 2×2 feet. POP has comparatively more risk of cracking. Gypusm broads are used in home and office. Gypusm broads are used for false-ceiling only.

POP is used for False-ceiling & on walls. People have started opting for Gypsum in recent times. Designs which are made by designer in round shape or cures are made in POP.

1. bharat 29 December 2013 at 10:55 pm - Reply

Building a new house.
    Want to have cost of gypsum false ceiliing and gypsum wall finish.

2. Subodh 29 May 2014 at 5:59 pm - Reply

Can we get per sq ft rate of gypsum false ceiling at Kalyan

3. Pallavi 12 July 2014 at 12:43 am - Reply

I have read a lot about gypsum false ceiling is now replacing POP false ceiling and have a better quality also. Since i am getting my new home designed, i wanted to know which is actually better gypsum false ceiling or POP false ceiling for a home. I was told by some of designers i have met that gypsum is more suitable for commercial purposes rather than in homes. Could someone tell more about the gypsum false ceiling durability in the long run as compared to POP false ceiling.

Please suggest some good interior designers also.

4. barsha 28 November 2014 at 5:15 pm - Reply

Please suggest the best quality gypsum board for domestic purpose.

• contractorbhai 28 November 2014 at 7:25 pm - Reply

Most Gypsum available in market are from branded companies. Any known available brand like Gyproc ( st. gobain ) or any other good one is absolutely fine to go ahead with.

5. john 7 January 2015 at 11:26 pm - Reply

Where can you buy gypsum boards in Mumbai?

• contractorbhai 8 January 2015 at 12:02 pm - Reply

Mr John
      pls check with any nearby sand cement depo/store. But usually leave it upto false ceiling contractor to procure it. Hassle is not worth it.

6. Raghavendra 15 March 2015 at 6:42 pm - Reply

Dear Contractor Bhai,
    I am building a new house in Visakhapatnam. Now time has come up for false ceiling. Many false ceiling guys are approaching me to install false ceiling.
    Different people preferring different companies of Gypsum boards and Aluminium Channels. I am confused to select a particular brand of Gypsum Board.
    I am listing the Gypsum board brand options which are available to me as following:
    1)Saint Gobain Gyproc – Gypsum Board
    2)Oman Gypsum Board
    3)Lagyp Gypsum Board

The following are the aluminium channels for the false ceiling:
    1)Saint Gobain Aluminium Channels
    2)Jindal Aluminium Channels

Now I want you to help me in selecting which of the above brands and kindly mention the pros and cons of the above listed brands

• contractorbhai 16 March 2015 at 12:29 pm - Reply

The best part about Gypsum material is that it requires good level of manufacturing & quality standards. Regular POP is tricky, you will never know if material is good. But with Gypsum irrespective of brand, material turns out to be good. Reason being it requires complex process & infrastructure to make it. I would say not to worry too much about brand, talk to false ceiling contractor & understand why they are suggesting certain brand.

Regarding aluminum channels, branded / non branded it doesn’t matter – if you are getting what it claims then it will last very long. Again rely on your contractor & find out why they are suggesting certain brand.

7. Bindu 6 June 2017 at 12:11 pm - Reply

Is Gypsum sealing re usable or can be shifted later once after fixing..pls advice

• contractorbhai 6 June 2017 at 2:49 pm - Reply

I doubt you will be able to reuse gypsum ceiling. You can remove it without damaging it. If you surely need to move ceiling to newer place, gypsum is not best option.

8. Sachin 19 August 2017 at 6:12 pm - Reply

I had asked my designer to use saint gobain sheets for my false ceiling. He himself decided to use Sam Gypsum which I never heard of. I am confused why Sam Gypsum is used. Contactor mentioned that Saint Gobain bends in winter cold and hence he is using Sam Gypsum. Could you please guide. Thanks

• contractorbhai 20 August 2017 at 10:23 pm - Reply

I wouldn’t worry about Gypsum brands. Gypsum by itself is very good matured product. If it is gypsum, it will give good result. Regarding St Gobain gypsum bending – we have never heard of anything like that. Your contractor is probably just trying to push material of his choice, however I wouldn’t worry. Let him use gypsum of his choice. Just make sure he does good job.

9. Vinay 4 September 2017 at 12:47 am - Reply

Send some chanels brands available in market and some gypsum board brands available

• contractorbhai 4 September 2017 at 7:00 pm - Reply

I usually suggest home owners not to worry too much about channels that are used in home false ceiling. These get concealed and they don’t go bad. Also if you saving money by not buying some famous brand, it is alright, go for it.

10. venkat 7 October 2017 at 8:37 pm - Reply

is there any standard size for the channels to use for false ceiling?
    or any thickness is fine.

• contractorbhai 9 October 2017 at 3:32 pm - Reply

There are only two common widths used in market. However it does not really matter which one is used. Branded non-branded you dont have to worry about false ceiling Channels. I have never seen any case where problem occurred because of channels. False ceilings usually never come in contact, they are high in ceiling. Only if you do soem physical damage or water leaks over it, then false ceiling will go bad, but still channels will stay.

11. Sachin 12 October 2017 at 5:33 pm - Reply

Dear Contractor Bhai,

I am looking for Gypsum ceiling for my home to mainly reduce the heat problem with keeping ceiling safe from leakage issue (if in case happens, chances are very rare). So, want to know which Gypsum board is most best to be use.
    either 1) Normal Gypsum Board or
    2) PVC Gypsum Board

Please provide advantages and disadvantage and difference between both.

• contractorbhai 13 October 2017 at 1:17 pm - Reply

For heat yes. FOR LEAKAGE – NO. Please do not spend money in false ceiling, first fix the water leakage problem. Fix the source of problem. No type of false ceiling will last if there is water leakage problem.

12. Chand Basha Shaik 17 October 2017 at 4:40 pm - Reply

Hi
    can any tell me how many types of board in Gypsum false ceiling and which is the best gypsum for domestic purpose ?

• contractorbhai 18 October 2017 at 5:02 pm - Reply

Gypsum is technically advance product. It requires advance setup to manufacture it. hence you shouldnt worry about which brand material you use. With Gypsum, a not-so-popular brand will also give good result.