6 Outrageous Tips for Indian Home Owners planning for Modular Kitchen
1) While selecting material don’t just select as per look & feel. Keep your contractor, designer together to confirm quality for the material. Applies for hardware like hinges, ply, shutter etc
2) Original Modular Kitchen concept used MDF board. Indian kitchens never use MDF board. Always choose Marine ply or at-least Commercial.
3) Steel quality of Trolleys – unfortunately there is no test to verify if you are given good or poor quality for steel. Poor quality steel may catch rust after few years.
Particle Board/ MDF board – avoid for Indian Modular Kitchen. image source wikipedia
4) MDF or particle board is low in quality. If these boards are used in kitchen & if they come in contact with water they will spoil it within 20-25 days.
5) Hardware made by Indian brand companies are almost 1/2 or 1/3 priced compared to International brands like Hettich Hafele . Indian brand hardware are also good. Just find right designer or Contractor for guidance.
6) Be careful with Modular Kitchen Showrooms & Vendors who give life time warranty. Either there is fine print catch somewhere or they are giving you a product for 4 or 5 times the price.
Oops! We could not locate your form.