• Plywood Wardrobe Rates Bangalore

12mm Plywood for Wardrobe

12mm ply inside wardrobe is used for making back portion of your wardrobe. Usually for the verticals 19mm Ply is used. Verticals are goign to take lot of weight of wardrobe so 19 mm is recommended. However if you are not goign to fill lot of heavy stuff inside your wardrobe, 12 – 15mm is also sufficient. More then 12 mm or 19 mm the important question is about whether to use Marine ply or commercial ply

In wardrobe you have two options in choosing PLY ( wood ) & that pretty much decides how much will be the cost of the furniture. It could be marine Ply or commercial ply. If Budget is not an issue & you want THE BEST then marine is your option. However if you are renovating your home within limited budget, may be you want to go for commercial ply for wardrobe. Limit use of Marine only within area where water can come in contact ( kitchen shutters below sink for example ) .

Marine ply of a good quality will give you a furniture which will last for 10-15 years, may be more. Commercial will last less longer . Marine is water proof, termite proof – commercial is not.

In old days people believed in longevity – your dadaji kept a small almari for 50 years. Today, not everyone wants to make a furniture which is very expensive & last for for your entire life. However is there is white ant or termite problem, marine ply is your option.

Modular Furniture Contractorbhai Request Quote

Hi! This is Nitin, founder of ContractorBhai.com. We provide Affordable 3D Interior Design Service

1. kiran khadpe 7 October 2014 at 9:17 pm - Reply

Hi i have got an estimate of rs.14000 for a 6’x 1′.5″x 2′ h wardrobe. Made out of 19mm marine ply. Is it ok? And what is the cost for 8×4 ft 19mm marine ply sheet?

• contractorbhai 7 October 2014 at 11:45 pm - Reply

Hello Kiran sir
      Which city do you reside ? What range of Decorative laminate finish is included. Will there be white laminate on inner side ?
      -Nitin

2. Arun 13 May 2015 at 11:39 am - Reply

I have got an estimate of Rs. 58000 for making a wardrobe of size (7ft width and 9ft Height).4 door wardrobe with loft and Laminate inside. Please let me know if the price is ok?

Regards
    Arun

• contractorbhai 13 May 2015 at 12:19 pm - Reply

On first glance price looks very competitive ( very low) & hence I would make sure material used is good quality. At this low price there are chances of comprise on material or workmanship. However it is very difficult to tell anything without knowing complete details. I would suggest you talk to previous customers of this contractor/carpenter & get idea on quality of work. Also ask him to help you understand more details on material that will get used. good luck

3. Poonam 27 May 2015 at 8:15 pm - Reply

We have got 50000 as budgeted figure..is tat good to go..??

4. Poonam 27 May 2015 at 8:17 pm - Reply

I am making wadrobe of 5ft width, 7 ft height * 2ft….with commercial ply and inside laminate….how much shl tat cost?
    We have got 50000 as budgeted figure..is tat good to go..??

5. Digambar 24 August 2015 at 3:09 pm - Reply

Hi Nitin,
    I am planning for a wardrobe of 6ft Heightx3ft widthx2ft depth with commercial ply and inside laminate. what is thickness of the plywood i should buy.
    Carpenter is demanding 30% of the cost as fee. Is that ok. I am residing in gulbarga, Karnatka.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,
    Digambar.

• contractorbhai 24 August 2015 at 4:42 pm - Reply

thumb-rule is side vertical should be thicker then back & shutters/doors. shelf if taking lot of wait, then plan accordingly. commonly used thickness of ply are 12 & 18mm . Do not go less then 12 & no need to go more then 18. 30% on material is good pricing. go for it

6. Visweswara 26 September 2016 at 5:49 pm - Reply

Sir, I have been recommended to use 19 mm thk BWP IS:710 Plywood for both Kitchen & Wardrobes. BWP material is available at 118/- per sq. ft. (Century make) in Bangalore. As wardrobes to be made in 5 rooms (height 7 ft.only), BWP is working out very costly. Which is alternative grade Plywood I can use; but I am particular that Plywood should be termite proof & moisture resistant. Please suggest ideal type & thickness of plywood for backside, vertical supports, bottom & front shutters.

Can I paint the interiors of wardrobe and do lamination only for shutters.

• contractorbhai 28 September 2016 at 1:19 pm - Reply

Waterproof Plywood is very important for kitchen & bathroom. Find out rates of other alternative brand. For wardrobes you can use Commercial Plywood. MR Grade commercial 303 is excellent for all furniture except bathroom & kitchen.

Regarding painting interior of wardrobe – it is ok to do it. White laminate is one time cost. Makes interior look clean & easy to maintain. Furniture work is one time thing, once you make it, you dont want to repair/update it for next 15-20 years or may be more. White laminate sheets are cheapest among laminates, however labour-cost & time adds up.

7. Siva 8 October 2016 at 4:44 am - Reply

Hi Sir,
    I am planning for a wardrobe of 7ft Heightx7.5ft widthx2ft depth with 19mm plywood and inside doubleside white micca.
    Carpenter asking 200 per sq ft as labour charge. Is this charge correct?

8. Pranav 25 October 2016 at 12:19 am - Reply

Can we make a wardrobe without back. I mean use the wall as back. So effectively we just make a 6 inch frame of plywood vertices also of plywood shelves and block board door all 19 mm ? Do you feel it’s good cost saving idea without compromising so much

• contractorbhai 26 October 2016 at 3:52 pm - Reply

Yes, you can skip back part if you wish to. However you have to make sure it is fixed nicely to wall, else it will create small gaps at places. Secondly also good idea, to apply low cost wall tiles on back wall, makes it look good & easy to clean.

9. Rahul 29 October 2016 at 7:13 pm - Reply

Hi, what should be the Labour cost per square foot for wardrobe 9x9x2 in Kolkata. How many sheets of plywood and laminate (inside as well) would be required?

10. jaspreet 4 November 2016 at 9:55 pm - Reply

Hi I am in Delhi and looking for customised termite proof wardrobe solutions . Can you help bu suggesting what is the cheapest and best options of right materials for various parts

11. Prakash 14 November 2016 at 9:32 pm - Reply

Nitin

I intend to use laminated plywood for making wardrobes rather than fixing laminates on ply.Is it OK
    I also intend to make wardrobes myself I am engineer and intend to use circular saw /Pre-cut ply pieces to fix by using Fevical /nails to make the frame, doors will be by regular carpenter.Any guideline available ? How to make Wardrobes DIY ?

• contractorbhai 16 November 2016 at 2:06 pm - Reply

Mr Prakash, I have not done such exercise. Usually Carpenters with experience make furniture in India. I will be of limited help here. I suggest you talk to carpenter & take guidance.

12. Prakash 15 November 2016 at 5:44 pm - Reply

Sir
    I am planning to make wardrobes at home myself. Intend to buy pre-cut sections and assemble in home.Any guideline available to me
    I intebd to use 12 mm laminated ply for the same.Inside willbe wall paper finishing

13. Keshavaram K Holla 19 March 2017 at 11:00 pm - Reply

Dear Nitin,

Which plywood is suitable for Wardrobe and Kitchen? House in Manipal which is 10KM away from coast.
    i.e 1) Commercial at Rs 1150 sq.ft, 2) 303 Waterproof at Rs 1300 sq.ft, or 3) 707 Waterproof at Rs 1450 sq.ft.

Are the prices reasonable?

• contractorbhai 20 March 2017 at 9:38 am - Reply

Mr Keshavaram, good quality 303 commercial ply is good for all rooms except kitchen & bathroom. Places where water will frequently get in touch (like in kitchen) pls use Waterproof plywoof (707).

Ratest you have mention sounds incorrect. Please confirm this rates. Realistic rate should be 1/10th of what you have mentioned.

• Keshavaram Holla 31 March 2017 at 4:05 pm - Reply

Quotation highlights in this manner

For ex: to make wardrobe for length of 8 ft long and 7 ft high. Quote comes to around, 8x7x1350 = Rs 75,600 ( 303 Plywood). Does this type of pricing reasonable enough? ( depth will be 2 ft, in geenral)

14. suresh 23 March 2017 at 9:01 am - Reply

pls suggest one good quality semi branded Commercial plywood available in bangalore & also suggest which brand of laminates I can use as my budget is less.

15. Arvind 1 April 2017 at 3:10 pm - Reply

Dear Nitin,

How much of cost can be saved if we arrange material from our side and only use the carepnters’ labor. I am not able to decide between giving a full contract or buying material from my side and giving him to work.
    The rates which he is quoting is 1250 per sft. total work is around 500 SFT. Including Material
    The material which he is promising to use is: plywood-19mm gurjan grade ( water proof )

The labour charges are around 280 psft.

Arvind

• contractorbhai 3 April 2017 at 4:53 pm - Reply

I am unable to answer your question. Just make sure you get what carpenter is promising & make sure plywood is good quality. Thanks

• Arvind 13 April 2017 at 4:52 pm - Reply

Hi Nitin,

If I rephrase my question, is there any cost advantage at all if I get material from my side and use only labor ?

My main concerns are:
        1.Ensuring quality of plywood (since rest all we can see – Laminates, fittings, handles etc.)
        2. Save some cost.

If both the options are the same, then I will go with the interior guy.
        Interior guy is saying that he will do the job in his factory and fit in the house. So I can’t ensure the quality, its only the trust.

Arvind

16. Rajasekhar kakanuru 7 April 2017 at 9:20 am - Reply

I’m planning for total flat wood rock., and I decided bedroom MR and kitchen BAR plywood.
    I have confusion about thickness of ply wood need to use. We have various mm thickness in market. Can you pls advice which mm thickness plywood prefer for kitchen and bedroom wardrobes

17. james 7 May 2017 at 10:19 am - Reply

Hi Sir
    Can you confirm which grade need be choose among Marine ply BWR 303 grade or 707 marine quality ply wood for Kitchen and other rooms

18. Saurabh pratap singh 10 May 2017 at 1:48 am - Reply

Hello Nitin Ji just need an advice that we are opening a commercial shop of boutique & Saloon and cafe where many materials are from wooden side so for these our contractor is using a commercial board for all wooden work, and our budget is also quite low, so is it a good stuff to use and does these stuff had a good life and I heard from my friend that these stuff had a problem of opening from the sides after some duration. So please advice me. And kindly reply.

• contractorbhai 17 May 2017 at 6:55 am - Reply

if plywood is good quality it should not cause trouble. Commercial plywood should be used.

19. Deepika Rathore 19 May 2017 at 12:41 am - Reply

Hello sir,
    We are planning for a mirrored sliding door wardrobe.I wanted to as you that what should be the thickness of plywood used for the sliding doors?

• contractorbhai 22 May 2017 at 4:40 am - Reply

have you considered option of aluminum profile shutter for doors.

20. Ashraf P 28 May 2017 at 2:35 am - Reply

Dear Mr. Kiran, I am in the process of deciding interior furniture for my new house. Looking for Marine Ply box and shutters for wardrobes. What should be the thickness, and grade of marine ply ? The walls are made of laterite and there are chances of termite attack. What is the approximate rate per square feet in kerala ?

Similarly, what would be better material for kitchen cabinets, Marine Play or Multiwood ? what is the square feet rate approx. ?

• contractorbhai 6 June 2017 at 2:42 pm - Reply

Any ussue related to Termite should be fixed through Pest control mechanism. You should never rely on plywood to resist termite attack. Home owners expect Plywood to resist termite & end up paying lot more money. Also termites if not resolved can also eat up concrete, plywood is just wood. So solve termite problem first.

All plywood for kitchen & bathrooms should be waterproof(BWP or BWR), rest can be commercial, this way you will save money.

Shutters width change with size, however 9-12 mm thick ply is good choice.

21. Sonia Amit 23 July 2017 at 11:25 pm - Reply

Hello Nitin,

Kindly suggest which plywood one should use for wardrobe – waterproof, commercial or engineered wood.?
    And what will be the rough estimate for 8×7 ft + loft in Bangalore

22. Reshma 9 August 2017 at 5:27 pm - Reply

Hi Nitin,
    I am building a wardrobe with acrylic sheet as laminate. Can you suggest me a good branded plywood on which i can place the acrylic sheet. Also is it necessary to use calibrated plywood, if so will that be available in 19mm thickness.
    Regards,
    Reshma

• contractorbhai 9 August 2017 at 6:59 pm - Reply

If you are getting modular furniture, calibrated plywood is must, however in case of modular furniture, factory takes care of buying plywood. If you have hired a carpenter to make wardrobe, you dont need calibrated plywood. Buy good Commercial ply ( MR grade ). Acrylic Laminates are available at most plywood shops which also sell laminates.

23. Manideep 18 August 2017 at 5:33 pm - Reply

Hi Nitin,

We are going for Action Tesa’s HDHMR for including kitchen and also wardrobes, shelves were already provided by the builder, i am looking for your advice in 2 things,
    1) How does comparison go with Ply in terms of durability and quality?
    2) How many sheets do I need for wardrobe( 9×9, shelves were already built)

Thanks in advance,
    Manideep.

• contractorbhai 20 August 2017 at 10:24 pm - Reply

We do not have experience in using Action Tesa, so unable to give any feedback here.