Mumbai +91-9920620009 | Bengaluru +91-9619581413 | Pune +91-8180099423 | Delhi-NCR +91-9920627471|info@ContractorBhai.com
  • SoundProof Aluminium Glass Sliding Windows - ContractorBhai - Mumbai Pune

Sound Proof Aluminum Glass Sliding Windows

Many a times our Contractors visit homes which are in middle of city’s hush bush. Say a balcony facing a road with heavy traffic. A bedroom facing railway tracks. Living room facing market full of noise. In such scenarios Home Owners have common request – Can we have sound proof sliding windows ?

Here are few Frequently asked questions with answers from our Aluminum Sliding Expert:

Q – My new house in Mumbai is on the roadside which is very noisy. Are soundproof windows and doors available at residential level?

A – To avoid the roadside noise, you can opt for soundproof sliding windows. Lesser the number of shutters in sliding window less is the disturbance of outside noise. Number of shutters in sliding window will actually depend on the width of your window i.e 2-track or 3-track and so on. Also, having granite or marble framing for these windows will help in reduction of disturbance. You can also see to it that there’s minimum gaping above n below the doors (main door, bathroom door, etc.) and shutters of the window. If all these measures are taken care of, then outside disturbance can be reduced by 90%-92% from. It is Impossible to have 100% sound proof windows or doors.

Q – Do these soundproof windows need a separate section and arrangement as such?

A –Yes, for having soundproof windows a different section is created (mainly of Jindal company). For a soundproof glass, silicone glass is sandwiched by 5mm glass on both sides which then undergoes fitting n binding process. Firstly the glasses are cut of desired size which are then washed and cleaned to remove dirt and impurities. Then the soundproof binding process takes place. Here with the help of cascade the soundproof material is bonded to the silicon glass which is then kept for drying. This silicone glass is then sandwiched by 5mm glass. These glasses are readily available in the market. You can film on either sides or both sides of the glass depending on your choice. If you dn’t want to go for films, you can opt for coloured glasses.

Q – How much will having these glass windows cost me?

A – The cost for soundproof windows is almost 2 times then having basic glass windows. The cost goes high because an additional section is to be created for these windows and the mechanism also differs. Normal windows will have a glass per shutter; here 2 glasses are installed per shutter so even that adds on to the cost. The locks and bearing also are required of heavier quality. In addition to this even the labour also increases to develop and install these glasses.

Hi! This is Nitin, founder of ContractorBhai.com. We are bunch of Home Interior Design Enthusiast. Write to info@ContractorBhai.com. Mumbai +91-9920620009 | Bengaluru +91-9619581413 | Pune +91-8180099423 | Delhi-NCR +91-9920627471

1. ravi 17 September 2014 at 9:04 pm - Reply

I am looking for soundproof Aluminium windows. could you help me out..little urgent. 91 9435709691

2. satinder 9 October 2014 at 3:33 am - Reply

i am interested in getting soundproof windows.

3. rkk 15 March 2015 at 5:49 pm - Reply

i am interested in getting soundproof balcony partition..

• contractorbhai 16 March 2015 at 12:25 pm - Reply

if you are talking about Aluminum sliding windows, the way to make them noise cancelling ones is by using double paned glasses & use heavy sections of aluminum for frames.

• vv Raghavendra 16 May 2017 at 1:54 am - Reply

Hii Sir this is Raghavendra, I’m staying in Bangalore.. I’m looking fur sound proof glass . .. I’m very much Satisfied with the reviews of the customers

4. Shirley 4 April 2015 at 9:13 pm - Reply

We had sound proof windows installed by our contractor, but they are not effective at all.. In my view, the installation has been incorrectly done.. I would like to get this rectified through a professional company.. Please write in with details..

A quick response will be appreciated.. I live in Mumbai..

5. shalin 6 September 2015 at 11:59 pm - Reply

Need to install sound proof aluminium sliding window as i stays on first floor.

6. Upasana Saraf 24 November 2015 at 4:22 pm - Reply

Hi. I live in Mumbai and need sound proofing for my bedroom urgently. The traffic noise is intolerable. Please suggest contractors who can also undertake balcony extension work. I also want to know what sort of budget should I plan for if my windows are 6×8 ft.. thanks.

7. Rajendra 28 December 2015 at 3:03 pm - Reply

We have three french windows in one bedroom with details as follows:- Granite Frame-69″widthx77″ht. Channels – 4(4.5″), one channel free for mosquito Jali. Glass may be 5mm thick x 20″ x 73″.
    My question is how much it will cost to convert this window to soundproof one? Will the same channels be used? If nothing can be used what deduction I should expect for the present windows which are in perfect working condition as the bldg is only 4 to 5 years old. Can you give the reasonable estimate and answer my queries by e mail? I am located at Chakala, Andheri East. and live on 7th floor. The disturbance is of heavy vehicular traffic all day and night.

8. sanjay 6 February 2016 at 4:25 pm - Reply

i want sound proof windows…pl contact 9822598987

9. Shibu 26 March 2016 at 9:16 pm - Reply

Your service available in pune arae?i am looking for sound proof sliding window

10. Ubed patel 16 April 2016 at 2:26 pm - Reply

From,mumbai
    Wanted to install spf winfows of @ 7*3 ft
    Nd 4*2.5 ft sliding type for my road side room
    plz give me details quatation.
    Thankz
    Ubed

11. Vishal Mahajan 25 June 2016 at 12:07 pm - Reply

I am interested in sound proof glass solution.. Can u pls call me. I stay in navi Mumbai

12. Vishal 27 June 2016 at 9:58 pm - Reply

vishal Mahajan

Sound proof glass for my home.. Residing navi Mumbai

13. Dipak Shah 1 July 2016 at 9:27 pm - Reply

I want to convert normal sliding in to sound proof sliding.
    Dipak Shah
    9892424255

14. Azeem 2 July 2016 at 7:35 pm - Reply

Sound proofing for French windows for new house. Pls call me at 9769114628

15. Dev 11 July 2016 at 12:26 pm - Reply

I want to convert normal window sliding in to sound proof sliding.

Bangalore

– 9483860447

16. farooq 18 October 2016 at 12:31 am - Reply

we require sound proof sliding 3 track windows renevation of existing windows sliding 3 track , in ahamedabad gujarat

17. SUBODH PADHI 26 October 2016 at 8:26 pm - Reply

I want to covert normal window to sound proof sliding..

18. pankaj pohankar 29 October 2016 at 10:57 pm - Reply

hi plz send me daetails My home have 3 windows and 4 doors wanted convert into sound proof. what is the budget

19. Sumit kumar 26 November 2016 at 8:31 pm - Reply

I want to install sound proof windows in my existing apartment. Would it be possible without any cement work.

• contractorbhai 28 November 2016 at 4:33 pm - Reply

Existing Aluminum frame & base are fixed on top of Marble/Granite frame. If this stone frame is in good condition, you do not need any civil work. New windows & rails can be replaced.

20. Hitesh Parsawala 16 January 2017 at 5:52 am - Reply

Hi, I stay in Mumbai – Borivali East. I want to covert my Bedroom Normal window Sliding to Sound proof sliding.

Regards
    Hitesh Parsawala

• contractorbhai 16 January 2017 at 1:30 pm - Reply

Our Team member will get in touch with you, alternatively you can call us on 9920620009

21. KV Jacob 16 February 2017 at 3:50 pm - Reply

I am planning to renovate my flat. Need at least one bedroom to be made sound proof. Please let me know the details and cost.

22. Meera Kaul 26 February 2017 at 8:51 pm - Reply

I am looking for sound proof windows. I live in Colaba Mumbai and our area is very noisy. I have the normal sliding windows. Can these be upgraded to cut out the noise

• contractorbhai 3 March 2017 at 6:11 pm - Reply

pls call 9920620009 – there 2-3 different options varying with cost & result it offers. Unfortunately, in most cases old windows/sliding profiles have to go.

23. K. PADMANABHAN 14 March 2017 at 11:46 pm - Reply

Do you have any representative in Chennai. I want to replace the existing glass in windows to sound reducing double pane glass in 4 windows. My number is 98200 77832. Urgently reuqiured to be done

24. Ameya 19 April 2017 at 12:04 pm - Reply

I want acoustic industrial work for generator room,generator exhaust piping,DG low side work
    I am contractor

25. Sameer. 7 May 2017 at 4:15 am - Reply

Hi , i need to make change my window to a soundproof window…because of the Loud speaker noise from the Masjid is very very loud in front of my building at Mayur Nagar unit no 30 …aarey milk colony mumbai. can’t not sleep neither live peacefully here…..starts 5.30 am early morning with a 15 mins besura song….plz let me know the cost.