Exhaust fan will only draw out smoke and heat (to an extent) from kitchen. It cannot draw out impurities like food carbon and other food particles present in air, oiliness heavy complicated gaseous, etc., that a chimney can draw out. These impurities no only stay in air, but gradually settle of kitchen cabinets (above the platform) or ceiling causing damage. Here what will happen is either the cabinets will start turning yellow in period of time or the ceiling would have to be cleaned on regular basis. Which I am sure is going to be a task for cleaning it up.
So save on cleaning and make you kitchen furniture look beautiful forever, I suggest you to get chimney installed. Of course it is an expense to have one, but it can help make you kitchen environment better. At the end it a matter of choice and suitability then.
- You must login to post comments