• Home Renovation Vastu Mumbai Pune

Interior Design Ideas for 500 square feet 1BHK Flat

This article is available in Hindi, Marathi & Gujarati languages.

When a Contractor or Interior Designer first visits your place first thing he wants to know is your budget.

If my Home is a 500 square feet 1BHK Flat – What Interior Ideas should I opt for and what should I avoid?

Knowing Budget, kind of puts rest of the thing in place. Budget plus requirement decides whole plan of action. All your requirements and made to fit in to your budget.

There are always changes in Interior plans as per your budget. For example if your budget doesn’t allow you to spend much then you have to adjust. Cost of false ceiling can be eliminated, say instead of POP (Plaster of Paris) or False ceiling you have to opt for normal painted ceiling. Cost of Painting will be lower compared to false ceiling. Do away with some furniture, couple of tables and reduce Cost of Furniture work.

Howe Owner has to decide where to adjust. Interior Designer or Contractor will give you recommendations but finally Home Owner makes a call. For this to work correctly.

This article is available in Hindi, Marathi & Gujarati languages.

Hi! This is Nitin, founder of ContractorBhai.com. We provide Affordable 3D Interior Design Service

1. SHWETA 23 September 2012 at 12:05 am - Reply

I live in Pune at vishrantwadi area,I have a small flat of One BHK with the area of 539sq ft,my husband has gone for further study to New Zealand and I am living with my daughter,well this flat was very simple but I made few changes as per my knowledge and taste,now I do not like to change the entire flat but yes I want to have a painting as the last painting was done one 2005 it was the luster painting which lasted a lot and gave me the value of my money,also I like to have some changes in drawing room,plus like to put a one ton ac in bed room,a water purifier in kitchen,a very small LCD iN BEDROOM,apart from this I want to conceal the entire wiring of the flat,if you people can take this small job than I would appreciate it but let me clear you I am not a rich person and I want this to be done within my budget which I myself have no idea,what would be my budget,after you people see it and than quote your price and I shall see if it suits to me.

2. Atul Deshpande 28 April 2013 at 2:04 pm - Reply

I have purchased a small 436 Sq.ft. carpet area flat in Urali Devachi,Pune which is under construction & likely to be completed in 2014.at present the slabwork is going on.I have no ideas about interiors,trends etc.Also,my budget is quite limited for interior.It will be greatful to me if you people can can give me the best ideas for small budget in decorating my home.

3. shahid kureshi 11 July 2013 at 8:48 pm - Reply

I have 1 bhk flat with carpet area 409 sq ft with two tringular shape balconies at living room and bedroom.
    My hall size is approx 170-180 sq ft, kitchen size is 70-80 sq ft and that of bedroom is around 150 sq ft.
    I want a design with optimum usage of sace and modular kitchen with bulk of storege.
    Can you provide me the approx budget and suggest some good design.

4. Mangesh. 26 January 2014 at 10:11 pm - Reply

I have booked flat in pursungi wich is 600 sq foot and two balcony wich I will get in jully 2014 and only wall is being build now please adwise

5. ashwin pol 7 February 2014 at 4:34 pm - Reply

i have purchased 1 rk flat in pune which is 370 sq ft but i want to convert in 1 bhk please advice

6. Mahendra 8 March 2016 at 6:14 pm - Reply

i booked a flat of 720 sq.ft 34 % is landing so i get carpet area approx 500sq.ft and it is 1 bhk
    but i want to make it 2bhk
    so it is possible
    plz rply

7. Rikta 7 September 2016 at 2:39 pm - Reply

Hi I have purchased an under construction flat in Mumbai and possession is in Dec 2016. I want to make an semi modular kitchen – parallel. My kitchen dimension is 7.4×9. But my budget is very low. Can you please provide me with quotes.

• contractorbhai 8 September 2016 at 7:09 pm - Reply

Please talk to Kitchen Designer Swapnil on 8291627887, if required he will stop by with catalogue

8. Thulasi 20 December 2016 at 5:03 pm - Reply

I have purchased Alur 1 bhk BDA flat 395 sq…. kindly give the suggest to good interior design, so that I can save the space…

9. Ramanand Shetty 8 January 2017 at 9:17 am - Reply

I want to renew the 1 Bhk with 435 sq. Ft in Mira road Mumbai required the Plan and expenditure.

• contractorbhai 9 January 2017 at 12:40 pm - Reply

Mr Shetty, we have designed several homes in Mira Road area. Please call 9920620009 & we can give you further details.

• contractorbhai 9 January 2017 at 12:43 pm - Reply

10. Sachin pawar 5 April 2017 at 8:58 pm - Reply

I have purchased a small 485 Sq.ft. carpet area flat in virar west mumbai .I have no ideas about interiors,trends etc.Also,my budget is quite limited for interior.sir can give me the ideas for small budget in decorating my home . Please helps us
    Contact no – 9769847049

11. Vijayalakshmi 5 July 2017 at 9:35 pm - Reply

hi I am living in a 500 sqft flat in Thane. I want to get the interior done for my hall only. How much would it cost including puja cabinet and sofa n a swing and some painting if required and some false ceiling? Please advise

• contractorbhai 6 July 2017 at 2:23 pm - Reply

Vijayalakshmi madam, it is very difficult to give a number of particular room or area inside house. Cost varies depending upon what works activities and choice of materials involved.

12. Dhairyadhar 12 July 2017 at 10:15 pm - Reply

Hi I want to some interior changes in my 1bhk , hall and bedroom, can you provide a quote for this , and are the service available in kalyan

13. Pankaj Singh 27 August 2017 at 8:47 pm - Reply

Hi Bro,
    Looking out for an designer for having an complete make over of my 1BHK in Kalyan.

It’s an 25 year old society.

14. Rahul Solanki 16 September 2017 at 2:20 pm - Reply

Hii Sir,

My name is Rahul i want to design my 1bhk home with 500squre feet area.it has drawing room size 12X11 and Badroom size 11X10and kitchen size is 9X7. Can you give me your interior desinn sample as given size.and my home is in baroda gujarat.

15. Ashish 19 September 2017 at 7:02 pm - Reply

I live in Navi Mumbai and I have 1 bhk flat . I want to know you estimate cost to design interior for my flat area are 500 sq.ft